Sunday 28 January 2007

When Linux Attacks

Linux as bit my arse for the last time, but it took a big chunk of my fatty deposits with it as it chew helplessly on my harddisk.

The result is a complete format with the installation of Windows 2003 x64 Professional. And to my surprise, its dam quicker! The TestShadowVolumesStress used to run at 30ish FPS on Windows XP home edition (same HW and same driver, except this on is x64 the other was x86), it now runs at a smooth 83fps.

What I did manage to learn from this is two folds:

  1. Always back your data (As mentioned last time by KappaOne on #lwjgl)
  2. Repeat 1
  3. Windows has some security feature in which you cannot access your Documents and Settings from another computer to back your data up if your username is password protected

Cool!

No comments: